MY SHERLOCK HOLMES BOOK. :)
I know deep down in my heart that Sir Arthur Conan Doyle was a superb genius. I salute that great master of detective literature.
Who would not admire such a man who created a fictional character that I grew to love and I am bound to follow: SHERLOCK HOLMES.
I don't know if you (the reader) have already read even just one of his detective stories. If you had, I sure bet you would agree with me that it's a classic. Nothing can beat Sherlock Holmes. :)
I just finished reading the 2nd Volume of Bantam Classics' SHERLOCK HOLMES. It has 737 pages all in all but I never got tired reading it. :). T'was so exciting, so puzzlking and full of twists and turns that would boost up readers' interests. :).
Since his first appearance in "Beeton's Christmas Annual" in 1887, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes has been one of the most beloved fictional characters ever created. The book presents all fifty-six short stories and four novels featuring the classic hero.
Volume II begins with The Hound of the Baskervilles", a haunting novel of murder in eerie Grimpen Moor, which has rightly earned it's reputation as the finest murder mystery ever written. The second story, The Valley of Fear matches Holmes against his archenemy, the master of imaginative crime, Professor Moriarty. In addition, the loyal Doctor Watson has faithfully recorded Holmes' feats of extraordinary detection in such famous cases as the thrilling "The Adventure of The Red Circle". Conan Doyle's incomparable tales bring back to life a Victorian Endland of horse drawn cabs, fogs, and famous lodgings at 221B Baker Street, where for more than 40 years Sherlock Holmes earned his reputation as the undisputed, greatest fictional detective of all time. :D
Imagine my happiness when I have learned that there would be a Sherlock Holmes movie! That is really something. I looked for it in YouTube and found it. Presto. Eureka. Hurrah. I watched it and.................... and..................... and.................... I was disappointed. :(((((. The trailer portrays him in a much different way. He is not Holmes. Like, that's not Conan Doyle's creation. :)
But I guess it would be a good movie. You can't judge it easily basing on the trailer. Good thing in the movie is that they picked out a perfect actor for Dr. Watson. :). He's really handsome. :)...
So, if you would like to want a movie, dont get your hopes high. :). For those who havent read the book yet, you would meet Holmes' in a broader view. :).
I think I'll just relaz and satisfy myself with this movie on Decmber 25. XD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SHERLOCK HOLMES MOVIE TRAILER

No comments:
Post a Comment