Friday, September 17, 2010

Love Through Time

SANDRA BULLOCK and KEANU Pictures, Images and Photos

"How do you hold on to someone you've never met?"

The tagline itself is an intrigue. The story is more appalling.

The Lake House is one of the most "enthralling" movies I have ever watched. Or should I say, I always list it in my top 3 favorites. The movie had me on the edge of my seat the whole time and the ending made me cry in spite of myself.

The Lake House is a romantic story about two peope - TWO YEARS APART - who fell in love with each other. Kate, a doctor, finds herself drifting alone as time passes by. Alex, an architect who have never given time to love. Kate lives in 2006. Alex, 2004. Their love story began on the lake house (specifically, on the mailbox). The events that followed showed that time isn't a blunder if love is real. Even though they haven't met each other, they held on and their love was indeed true --- and that one great love can CHANGE even fate.

This story also plays a very special part in my life because this was the movie I held on to when I fell for someone very far from me. I guess this is also one reason why it tugged my heartstrings so much.

Here are my favorite lines from the movie:

Alex (on Kate) : She's more real to me than any thing I have ever known.

Kate (on being asked about her love life) : Uh, it's kind of a long distance relationship. One person I cannot meet. Him, I want to give my whole heart to.

*awwwww* tissues please! :)

THE TRAILER:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hYO8b4u3po

No comments: