Thursday, February 24, 2011

FROM A BLIND DATE TO TRUE LOVE

FROM A BLIND DATE TO TRUE LOVE

It was one of the most bizarre love stories I have ever known. Who would have ever thought that one girl who never fell in love with someone could suddenly be engulfed by affection towards something which did nothing but challenge her; made her feel inadequate; and always asks her to do her best? A martyr? Maybe. A grateful Accounting student? Yes.

It was a blind date turning into true love. I suck at numbers so I decided that taking up Accountancy would be a lesser priority. But certain events had led me to come back to it; to give it a chance. To let a love story bloom.

Every love story has its sunny and rainy days. When we were just starting, he made me feel comfortable, confident that I already know him. The problems were just piece of cake. However, as time flew, I discovered that he became possessive, demanding and want me to spend more time with him. It’s like he’s saying it straight to my face “This will bear fruit. Just hang on!” So, I did what he said. I spent nights solving his problems, sitting crossed leg with the book, calculator and the pen and paper. I scanned his words and tried to understand what he wants to tell me. He challenged me to be the very best by giving me quizzes that are considered by many as “kaka nosebleed”. There are times that my throat would constrict and my eyes would water because of frustration but I made this promise that whatever happens, I will never let him go.

I discovered also that he awoke the bipolar in me. He can make me chuckle unstoppably in genuine delight when I successfully answer his brain-whacking problems. He can turn my nights sleepless, gloomy and dark, when I fail to give the solution he is looking for. He asked me to sacrifice in order for me to get to know him more. There are times that I want to shout at him telling him “I have given you all that I got. My best shot. What more would you want from me?” Again, he would say, “this would bear fruit. Just hang on”.

True to his words, it did. The previously complicated problems became easy to understand for me. The journal entries he requires me to do are somehow mastered. His theories are finally clear. I know him. I love him.

Our relationship still continues till now. The sleepless nights know many Accounting students and I am one of them. Still groping and struggling and persevering to get to know Mr. Accounting deeper. He still makes me feel frustrated and inadequate. He’s disciplining me; that I know for sure. I come to love him. To really love him. And because I do, I will never let him go.


GIULIA

No comments: