Flip-flop craze is undeniably HERE. You can see them everywhere. And everyone is wearing them. Forget about good old Sketcher shoes; you need comfort rather than style. :)
In the midst of all those "aye-here" "aye there" in terms of flip flop merchandise and innumerable flip flop brands spurting out of the blue, two known and -uuuhh- expensive slippers stand out. IPANEMA AND HAVAIANAS.
I, myself, am a stylist. Even though I go for simpler looks, I also want to know how it feels to wear slippers that cost more than a thousand pesos. Let me quote the famous line for modern-day fashionistas. "The real fashionista is a recessionista". Let's face it people. Economic crisis is felt all over the world and yet we Filipinos would give everything just to own a pair of these infamous slippers. Sounds impractical? Indeed it is. But a person who would really love to flaunt his/her feet cause she wears an Ipanema or Havainas flop would take all the risks.
SO, like what I stated above, I would also love to know the FEELING of being able to wear these talked about babies. I first bought a Havaianas pair. Havs Slims is the "most sought after" design in the Havs Collection so I decided to go for it. I loved it but it must have cost my mom a lot. XD. The slippers feel like as if they're weightless and I feel like Im stepping on foam. Indeed, it's very comfortable and very classy. The designs dont wear out easily and the heels are well made. :).
After some months, I saw Ipanema. I asked my mom if she could buy me a pair for my debut. Luckily, she said yes. Well, after a moment of serious talk. :). I bought a very cute purple flip flop. It looks good in my feet and also, I'm comfortable. BUT --- it is very expensive.
Then, I realized that I'm starting to compare Havs and Ips. I noticed that Ipanemas don't have the same material that Havs have. Instead of a soft rubber, it's plastic or synthetic plastic is harder and durable. It's feet supporters are thicker. And, it does not look like one of those imitation slippers sold in the market stalls.
Oh yes. I sooo hate those imitations. They all look exactly the same with Havaianas. The texture, the shape, the color, the design.. PERFECTO. Copied to perfection.
I could choose to buy those cheap flops if I would just tell myself to do it. But owning an original is different. Yes, it may be expensive but it's worth it.
But I guess my mom's right. No matter how high-cost they may be, they're still slippers.
Still, I LOVE THEM. XD. And I hope those imitations would vanish-out forever.


No comments:
Post a Comment