My being an accounting student was like a blind date which bloomed and settled into falling in love. It's like an enemy turning into a Prince Charming.
But deep inside of my heart, I know that I should be a stage performer. A theater actress singing her heart out, dancing, prancing, and just doing my own thing. My personality tests show me that I love art more than accounts. I love creations than precision. Furthermore, I'm an artist, not an analyst.
I need a transition, though. I must stick to my old plan. I'll just pursue the other when I'm done with the first. :).
But if I were given a chance to perform on stage, I would love to! Even if I'm too far-linked with the heroines from the novels that I read, I would be so glad to at least live their life even just on stage. And if they let me choose three femme fatale characters? Here are my picks:
1.) ELIZABETH BENNET of Pride and Prejudice
Young Elizabeth Bennet is a girl with average beauty but with a deep reservoir of strength and humor. She is not easily shunned by richness or by arrogance. She is a fighter in her own right and she follows whatever her heart tells her to do so. Her strong personality and sharp wit captured the most socially-allergic person in her town: MR. DARCY.
WHY I LOVE HER CHARACTER?
Girls are sometimes perceived as creatures who are weak in front of men. But Elizabeth established in herself that she can equal to the unpredictable temper of a handsome but arrogant man. I love how strong her character is and how she emphasized in the book that she can't be acted upon. Moreover, I love the story of love between her and Mr. Darcy. Who would have thought that the two people always bickering would fall deeply in love with each other. Plus, Mr. Darcy is an adorable man. Though he may be considered as a very anti-social persona, he falls hard and falls true. Their love is not cheesy-sugar-coated-romance. Just plain but beautiful.
2.) SATINE of Moulin Rouge!
This beautiful theater star and courtesan captures my heart because of her undying love for the penniless poet despite the threats and harsh advances of a jealous Duke.
Why I love her character?
I guess the line "Coz we are living in a material world and I am a material girl..." somehow relates to me. But Satine is a heroine who chose love over money even if she and Christian suffer more than they should. Their story is about the very essence of life: FREEDOM, BEAUTY, TRUTH AND LOVE. We're alike in some ways like the love of performing and the love for aesthetics. :)
3.) JAMIE SULLIVAN of A Walk to Remember
A sweet soul that knows she's beautiful in her own simple way. And it doesn't mean that if you're just an ordinary girl, you have zero chance of catching the heart of the heartthrob of your school. Jamie proved that notion wrong. She basically does not care whether or not the school crowd loves her. She loves whatever herself is.
Why I love her Character?
Love is pure and cares not for the physical appearance or social standing. The character showed that she can change 2 things: Her plain but incomplete life and the life of a redneck playboy who falls for her and stayed faithful to her till the end. The book and the movie are real tearjerkers and if I'm to play this lovely part, I would pour my heart out to this.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
I believe I can be one of these heroines someday. I sure wish that you guys would be watching me onstage. You all should be on the front row! ♥
No comments:
Post a Comment