"I'm falling in love with a friend" he told me one day.
"I'm afraid I'll just ruin that beautiful friendship, though..."
"Oh, isn't love a lovelier form of friendship?" I chirped.
Slowly, I was beginning to hope. Like fluttering leaves, my heart started to pound. It's growing again.
The anticipation, like sweet sweet fuel, flames the intensity of a new ray of hope blooming in my heart.
I would let him hear the assurance that it is okay. To fall for me, how awful can that be?
We, who have been intertwined by the bond of friendship, are perfect for each other.
"I just don't think I should be with her. You know. Completely out of my league..."
Dearest, no, no man is worth my heart. No man but you. I want to shout. I want to say it to your voice, now I'm telling you that--------------
"Maybe, she's worth the risk. If you love her that much, go for it. Who knows, something might happen." Was I being too obvious?
"You think so???" his eyes are now wide with eagerness to hear my next answer.
"Ahuh. I guess you should tell her. Like, now?" I eyed him shyly. Silly me, how would he know I'm expecting?
He starts to be uneasy. Hear he goes... He's gonna tell me.
I can see his palms sweat. His brows, the perfect brows, arched in a way Kris Aquino would envy.
He held my hand, looked straight to my eyes and said...
"Bestfriend, would you mind doing a favor for me?" he said.
His voice shakes. And so are his hands.
And mine too.
Not my hands only, but my heart.
"Sure." was the only thing I could say. I think I'll drown. Yes, I'll drown.
Say the words, boy!
"Help me court our Homeroom President. Yes, Alexa. I know you know all the right things to do."
My icy smile cracked, my eyes watered a bit, my hands shook more, and my heart broke.
And like what I have predicted, I drowned.
Drowned into a sea of new misery.
Drowned into a false hope.
Drowned into a pit of hopeless salvation.
And with my surroundings blurry and my heart bleeding, I answered him
"Sure, BESTFRIEND."
- Giulia

2 comments:
Chee :'(((
cun. :). ♥
Post a Comment