Thursday, March 5, 2009

Queen for a Day. XD

Wow! A new entry. Tsss. I would like to congratulate myself for overcoming my laziness and my procastinator's habit.

Actually, I'm still not in the mood to write all about this. During the past few days, I felt my head being stacked up with uncountable thoughts yet I'm not doing anything. I feel the "craving" for something intangible. I dunno what. But I feel like there really is something missing and I want that "something" to come to me and make me complete.

Anyway, back to the topic. :). I wrote this blog entry of mine so that my dear friends Czharaine, Scott and Melvy could see the pictures. They are all MySpacers and they haven't seen my pictures since I uploaded them in Friendster.

This is all about our Post-Valentine Search held at the very last day of February. It was a Stake activity. Meaning, it's comprised of all the wards and branches in the whole Binalbagan Stake which is composed of Tapi Branch, Kabankalan Ward, Himamaylan Ward, Aguisan Ward, Binalbagan Ward, Hinigaran Ward 1, Hinigaran Ward 2, Isabela Ward and Pontevedra Branch.

The contest is a search for the LDS King and Queen of Hearts. It is required that there should be two (2) participants each ward.

Here's my partner:




His name is Rigel Pido. Well, I should say the most active young man in our ward. We were very thankful that we knew all about this contest a month before it and we were able to prepare ourselves for it. XD. Truly, "If you fail to prepare, prepare to fail..." We did plan, and luckily, we did not fail. :).

We were both nervous during the contest. The other wards were "fashioned-up" in the "SportsWear" category and we were justw wearing sharp shooters' uniforms. We were even called "Batang Police" since we hold guns. XD XD XD.. Others wore cowboy costumes, cheerleader get-ups, Badminton player's gear and volleyball player's uniform. :).

Let me give you a taste of what we wore:




The credits for the costume goes to Tita Liza. Our Young Women President. Since she loves "firing" as a hobby when she's on vacations, she had this complete said of shooting gears. Because of that we did not have a hard time gearing ourselves up. ^^

In the SportsWear competition, each participant (by pair) should ramp on the stage and in the lower floors. It is part of the judging criteria. We should strutt of our stuffs BIG TIME so that we'll be given a high score.

A day before the competition, I made a routine for Rigel and I's ramp. We practiced it and polished it. The funny thing is, the very next day, all of it was completely "banned" since there is a uniform routine. We were crestfallen at first and we're like "What!? We have to do another one all over again?!". But we got over it and we have made a new one in accordance to their designed routine. Luckily, we perfected it just before the contest starts.

Rigel was telling me before we tale our turn in the ramp that most probably, Aguisan would win in the SportsWear category since both of them are good "walkers" and they look very confident. I just told him to get over that and just do his own thing.

And finally, it was our turn. We had special music just for us. It was the theme from the movie "Mission Impossible" because it really suits our costume. XD. I was really surprised that Rigel literally "swept the floor" with his "oh-so-gee-ay" moves. Hihihi.. Here's what we did:






I mean it when I'll say that I felt the adrenaline rush. It was as if I'm about to fly and I feel my body so light that I can move and sway whatever I want. When we went back to the backstage, a new convert went to us and told us "You guys were the best..." We were thrilled. But of course, we don't wanna make our hopes high. ^^

After the "SportsWear" Category is the most awaited talent portion. As what is expected, all talents are kept "hidden" until the time of performance. One young woman leader thought all along that I was going to sing. But, I did not. :)

Our talent was errrr a weird one. It's Yeng Constantino's "Time In". XD. We lyp-synched to it and acted as if I was Yeng singing "Ako ang bida ngayon" and Rigel was the guy singing "Masyado kang ambisyosa..." The song and the dance and the acting collaboration went well, the crowd jeered and I was happy to see that... :).

Here's our talent performance:






What really took the crowd here is my partner's surprising change. Rigel is known to be serious, hates ka-OA and he doesn't like to be funny. But hey, he did all of it! XD


Next stop is the Formal Wear Category. It's a prelude to the Q and A. The participants bloomed beautifully in their simple "bestidas" and "polos". :). It's like a tension-releaser. For me, the Formal Wear category is like a breath of fresh air for this is the time where the participants could wear their "attitude". :). And of course, walking on the floor won't be slashed out in this category. We were also expected to ramp BUT in a "graceful way..."






Haha. I loved Rigel here. He was so "go na go". When I acted like a princess, he bowed like a prince. Hahaha. See? We complemented (not complimented) each other. XD

Here are the participants:




And, it finally came. The Question and Answer portion. For me, this is like the "Final Judge" of the competition... You can't really win even if you did good in talent and ramp and did ugllleeehhh and bad in the question and answer category. It's very critical.

So, off we went. I only remembered the question for me. I was asked if what is my opinion regarding Sister Elaine Dalton's message that the three things a Young Woman should always do is to Pray, Read the Scriptures and Smile. :). Whew. I let my breath out there. Luckily, by God's grace, I answered the question correctly. I won't write it down here cause it's a bit lengthy. :))..

Then, after all the participants were given their fair share of questions, awarding awaits. Rigel and I were both undeniably excited for the results. :).

And, because of all the hard work and preparations, here are the results:

Best in Sports Attire : Binalbagan Ward Young Man and Binalbagan Ward Young Woman:





Best in Talent: Binalbagan Ward Young Man and Binalbagan Ward Young Woman






Best in Formal Wear: Aguisan Ward Young Man and Binalbagan Ward Young Woman





Best In Question and Answer: Aguisan Young Man and Binalbagan Ward Young Woman





and....

The King and Queen of Hearts Award goes to: BINALBAGAN WARD YOUNG MAN AND WOMAN!!!! (yehey!!!)...





Our ward mates are very happy and they were like children jumping and wheezing with delight. Thanks to their undying support, we brought home the bacon. :))

Here are the other pictures after the awarding ceremony:




THE ROYAL DANCE





PICTURE TAKING WITH MY BELOVED YOUTH. :)


The activity was one of a kind. And I'm so thankful that it sealed my last year in the Youth Organization. The next year, I would love to be the one to train the future candidates. XD...

CREDITS:

Pictures taken by: Giselle Biñas
Costumes for the SportsWear Category: Tita Liz Barroquiña
For the Talent: Me, Myself and I plus the special participation of Rigel Pido
Formal Wear: Courtesy of Genevie Michelle Sevilla
Crown and Scepter: The Stake Youth Organization
Edits: Me. :)
Blessings: To our Loving Heavenly Father above who granted all of this to happen. :)


I LOVE YOU ALL!

1 comment:

princessngaako said...

Rigel is my schoolmate in high school right? I really can't remember.
i think I'm having a memory problem. XD
anyways, congratulations to you both. :)