We were talking about this topic when Tita Jane (my mom's close friend) told us to watch the new movie "Taken" starring Liam Neeson. She said that that is the perfect movie for "girls who wanna have fun..." We were excited about it so the nest day, Papa rented a DVD of Taken.
It was just in December 2008 and the movie was not yet aired here in the Philippines but we're lucky enough to get a clear copy.
And man!!! I'm so obsessed with it! The story is superb and Liam Neeson is better (no, change that) WAAAYYY BETTTTTTTERRRRR than Jason Bourne. The movie lasts up to 1 hour and 45 minutes but its as if you sat there for only 10 minutes. The movie was so fast-paced that it could make you hold your breath.
Well, actually, all of us held our breath and we were literally "taken" to the edge of our seats. It was the first movie to ever capture me like I'm also in there.
So, for a spoiler (hehehe), here's the trailer of "America's most talked-about movie in 2008..." TAKEN.
The story is all about an-ex Spy/ CIA [Liam Neeson] 's quest to save his daughter from the underground Prostitution in France.
It all began when Grace, (his daughter from his ex-wife) was invited by her friend Amanda in their house in Paris, France. At first, Liam Neeson would not like to permit her from going. That made Grace and her mother heartbroken and angry at him. Because of his wanting to be close to his estranged daughter, he decided to permit her with the safety conditions she has to observe. 'the world is dangerous out there' he said.
When the girls arrived at Paris, they were befriended by a "cute guy" who introduced himself as "Pierre". Amanda (who was a flirt) babbled every information about them to the guy and told him that the owner of the house were on a vacation to Spain and the two girls would be alone for 2 weeks. Little did they know that the guy was a member of a notorious women-trafficking group that kidnappes girls and make them prostitutes.
Hours after that, Liam Neeson called her daughter to ask her how she's doing. While having their convo, his daughter started saying "Oh my God, someone's here. They've taken Amanda..." Liam was quick enough to know what to do. He instructed her to hide under a bed, observe the sounds and told her the most important thing she had to know:
"The next step is very important. They are going to take you. You have ten seconds. Ten very important seconds. Shout out their hair color, eye color, height, everything you'll see in them. And don't worry. I'm gonna come for you..."
Grace did not escape the hands of the kidnappers. She was taken after that call. Before finally hanging up, Liam Neeson left the most touching yet brave and frightening line a father could ever utter to preserve and save his daughter:
"I dont know who you are... I dont know what you want... If you want ransom, I could tell you I dont have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired from a very long career. Skills that could make me a nightmare for all of you... If you let my daughter go now, that would be the end of it... But if you dont, I WILL LOOK FOR YOU. I WILL FIND YOU. AND I WILL KILL YOU... "
And so begun his chase for his daughter that was "TAKEN".
I tell you guys, this is the must-watch movie! If you were thrilled with Bourne's trilogy, then, I swear this is better than it. It's so real and it's really happening now.
And Liam Neeson got talent! He did the role best! This is the best movie I have watched for the last 8 years. :).
And I give a 20/10 rating for it. Two thumbs up. :)
So if I were you, I would watch now.
"Taken" is still showing in Cinemas Nationwide. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment