Saturday, December 4, 2010

"AND BEHOLD, A CHILD SHALL LEAD THEM..."

There's something about Christmas one appreciative soul just can't ignore. Although the festive air, the bright sparkling lights and the oh so delicious foods give a little color to the celebration, something deep goes with it, something essential that makes every Christmas season the world's anticipated holiday of the year.

Living near a sugar cane manufacturing site, I always mark my Christmas days with the smell of refined sugar being processed. I came to love that smell. The scent reminded me that Christmas is indeed fast approaching. There are things only December can give. The swift but smooth wheeze of the air, the smell ( I mentioned it earlier) and the gifts. One of these gifts (and the most important of all) is the gift of Eternal Life given to us through Jesus Christ, our Savior and Redeemer.

As I was browsing Facebook's news streams, I ended up watching this very cute and also very wonderful video about kids' views and opinions about Christmas. I remember also feeling emotional during the times I view videos about Christ's birth. His love IS so perfect, so unselfish and totally and amazingly selfless.

This one gift (ironically) is the gift we oftentimes overlook. However, let us be like these little kids. Still appreciating the gift only the Son of the Living God can give. MERRY CHRISTMAS from these cute kids and a kid who wishes to be cute.. :))


No comments: