I believe in the saying that "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach". Although personality and intellect often counts the most, your cooking ability can also matter. Why? Because as a married wife someday, you'll be expected to cook. :)
Okay, so lately I have learned how to cook a famous Japanese dish... Well, my friend Sheena argued with me telling me that it's a Chinese Food. Well, for me it's a Jap's food since they serve it big time in their self-named restaurants. Like Kaisei (famous Jap resto) in Bacolod. :)
Tempuras are also known as a "patok" street food. :). But you know what? :). It tastes great when it's home-made. :)
So now, I wanna share what I have learned to you. It's an easy step by step procedure. :). You just need a very big kitchen sink. :)
Ingredients:
1.) 1 Kilogram of Fresh BIG Shrimps.
2.) I cup of flour
3.) 2 eggs
4.) 1/4 cup of Ginger
5.) Aji Ginisa
6.) Salt and Pepper
7.) Oil (of course)
8.) Water
STEPS:
1.) Wash the shrimps.
2.) take off the shrimps' shells. Make sure that you also take off its "galamay". Cut it's head and the lowest part.
3.) Make a "butterfly slice". It means cutting from the back of the shrimp and then spreading it in a butterfly-like position.
4.) Take the veins out from the shrimp's body.
5.) Wash THOROUGHLY. It should be that there are no green spots in the shrimp.
TEMPURA MIX
-this is where you have to dip the shrimp first before frying it.
1.) Sift the flour.
2.) Mix one cup of flour with 2 eggs and 1/4 cup of water.
3.) Mix thoroughly until lumps dissolve.
4.) Add one fourth cup of sliced ginger.
5.) Mix the ingredients again.
6.) Add salt and pepper to taste. Also add some Aji Ginisa Falovoring Mix to the dip to make sure it produces a zesty taste.
COOKING
1.) Pour in an adequate amount of oil in a pan. Make sure that it cn cover up all shrimps. Tempuras would taste great if they are deep-fried.
2.) Wait until the oil boils.
3.) Fry the shrimps. Take note of their spaces between. They should not stick.
4.) Wait until it's golden brown.
5.) Place it in a plate with a table napkin so that excess oil could be absorbed.
6.) Serve hot. :)
7.) Great with ketchup or fishball dips. :)
I tried my best to make the instructions easy to understand. Since I had a hard and messy time at the kitchen when I made my first batch of home made tempuras. :). I wish that you have learned something from me. :). I'll be learning more from my mom and I'll be sharing it to you. :). Start cooking now. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment