Saturday, November 15, 2008

Fifty Years From Now... :)

Fifty years from now, what will I be?
I’ll be the happiest 67 year-old if you are beside me.
Fifty years from now, what will I do?
I will do many things because I have you.

Fifty years from now, what would I write?
I’ll write our love story, all the love and delight.
Fifty years from now, what will I talk about all day?
I’ll talk about my beloved, his love and his devotion all the way.

Fifty years from now, what will I see?
I’ll see young grandchildren growing; a happy family.
Fifty years from now, what will I ask for a gift?
That we will be together still, even after death grasps us swift.

Fifty years from now, what will I sing?
I will sing of our experiences and the lessons they bring.
Fifty years from now, what will I always do?
I’ll dance in sweet music until the end with you.

Fifty years from now, who will I wake up with?
I’ll be seeing you beside me, the one given by Cupid.
And if they ask me to tell one single story about a sweet romance
I’ll tell them of two seventeen year-olds who once made a decision to give love a chance.

Fifty years from now, what music would I want to hear after all the years?
I’ll listen to your voice as you tenderly say “I Love You” in my ears.
Fifty years from now, who would I want to share my hot chocolate?
It’ll be you, my dearest, even if we will stay up late.

Fifty years from now, what do I want the kids to remember?
That they saw Cinderella and Prince Charming in their mother and father.
Fifty years from now, what would I want the world to see?
That love is the reason why you are still here with me.

Fifty years from now, what do I want to see from your face?
I want to see the mark of ageing, the sign that endless laughs were shared.
Fifty years from now, what would I wish for?
I will wish for nothing, I had everything, I have you, I couldn’t ask for more.

So darling, are you ready to face 50 loving years with me?
And view life beyond; together we live, together we die.
Fifty years from now, we’ll sleep with hands held close and unyielding.
For the day after 50 years, we would be waking up in heaven, where love is there, where angels sing.

No comments: