Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Will He Ever Come?

When her heart is longing

All she does is to hold tight

I know she’s been waiting

And her eyes tell that she’s not giving up the fight.

Dream she have of romance

Might as well have continued to live

Though the waiting tests her patience

Love was spoken when she said

“Will he ever come?

Will he ever appear?

Will the one that I’ve been waiting for, discover I am here?

Will he take my hand, will he carry me away?

In these lonely times, this heart of mine, can’t wait for another day.”

And an old lonely lady,

Tired of waiting patiently

For the man who left her

On the spring of 53.

Now she’s nearly ninety

And she must have lost her will

Though her voice is silence,

There the questions linger still.

“Will he ever come?

Will he ever appear?

Will the one that I’ve been waiting for, discover I am here?

Will he take my hand, will he carry me away?

In these lonely times, this heart of mine, can’t wait for another day.”

When you read the papers

And turn on the evening news.

You can see so clearly

Why the world got all these blues.

Tell me how much longer

Will the madness go on?

I believe I could hear voices

Joining in to sing this song

“Will he ever come?

Will he ever appear?

Will the one that I’ve been waiting for, discover I am here?

Will he take my hand, will he carry me away?

In these lonely times, this heart of mine, can’t wait for another day.”

The young woman found her Prince Charming

And she knew her prayer was heard.

And the old lady celebrated

For her husband had kept his word

And for all of us still waiting

For the healer of our wounds,

It’s not hopeless,

It’s just Wednesday.

But Sunday’s coming soon.

Yes the Lord will come

Yes the One will surely appear

And the Lord that we all been waiting for

Knows that we are here.

He will take our hands

And will carry us away

In these final times

These hearts of ours

Should hold and wait for that day.

No comments: