
I never ate any meat for the past five days!!!
Yeah. It was a promise to myself. That I will break a record of not eating any meat for the whole week. :)).. It's been two months and eight days since I have vowed to my Shi Jiao that I'll go vegetarian just like him. But I am not a full pledged veggie-lover though. 'Coz I tend to eat meat for once a week or maybe twice. But I feed myself with lots of greens and big fresh fishes (I can hear my stomach rumbling. Oh my, it makes me crave for it just by the thought of it...)...
And last Sunday, I vowed to myself that I will never ever eat any meat for the whole week. Luckily, my parents could have sensed my plight and they just prepared delicious veggie viands and different kinds of fishes.. I so love the fish I ate last Monday. I forgot its name though. All I can recall is that it's really big and when fried, it looks like a milkfish.. The only difference is that it's jucier and much bigger.. :)).. it becomes ohhh so good when you pair it with an extra rich ketchup.. (Do I sound hungry? Coz my stomach is... :D..) Everything went well and smooth and I was enjoying myself, savoring the fact that victory is within my reach...
UNTIL THIS LUNCHTIME...
My mom and I were already finished eating our lunch.. It was a broiled "bangus" and Im proud to say that I was the one who cooked the food.. (Yehey!!!)... Anyways, back to the story... We were filled and was talking to each other when my Papa came... He was holding the foods he bought from certain town resto for he thought that there was no cooked lunch meal... I took it from him for me to prepare it to be served. I was about to get the bowls and plates when I saw SOMETHING... And that SOMETHING happened to be my most favorite food.. Sweetened pork barbeque!!! I was like "Papa, ahay! I hate you.. Temptation guid ni ya ho!!!!" He and my sister were smiling and he said "Im testing you..."
GANUN!?!
Huhuhu... But, I didnt let them have the chance to see my downfall... I stood firm to my promise.. Although it was heartbreaking (ouch!!) to see that my bbq is being eaten by my brother, I swallowed my desire to eat and mumbled a mantra that goes like "I will have 'bilbil' if I eat pork.." I surpassed the ordeal.. And i felt good. :)).. No pork, no bad effect.. :).. Im happy.. :)) And I proud of myself (Im not blowing my own horn, it's just that, this is achievement!!!) And I know my Sensei Shi Jiao will be glad.. :) I love him. And I want to make him smile all the time.. :D
But hopefully,
PAPA WNT BRING ANY TEMPTING FOOD TOMORROW!!! :-/
No comments:
Post a Comment